My name is Christine and I am the owner of Volunteer Balloons. I’m offering an amazing job opportunity searching for a trusted assistant. This person needs to have a strong desire to learn how to design and build beautiful balloon arrangements while having a ridiculous amount of fun in the process!
Of course, there is much more to this position, for instance:
- Inflating lots & lots of balloons (using specialized equipment)
- Assembling standard balloon decor & custom designs
- Assist in design & color choices
- Receiving and placing inventory
- Sweeping & cleaning office, shop, and workspace floor
- Delivering & setting up balloon arrangements at clients’ venues
- Washing & maintaining service van.
What does it take to be this special person?
- Must have a joyful, outgoing attitude (of course, you’re working with a fun product!)
- Be able to “hustle” – sometimes our time on site is limited & we must work fast
- Ability to climb a step ladder and reach up
- Able to occasionally lift equipment weighing 15 to 40 lbs
- Have the initiative to look ahead to see what needs to get done
- Be creative and think of ways to be helpful
- Available Saturdays and occasionally Sundays
- Not cringe at the thought of having to be on-site occasionally at 5:00 am
- Must love dogs – 2 Chihuahuas occupy the workspace!
- Ability to travel out of town when necessary
- Ideally a non-smoker but not a deal breaker
- Valid driver’s license and pass a background check
- An additional asset would be to reside in zip code 37920
- This person needs to be discreet, reliable, honest, and trustworthy
This amazing job opportunity is available now. Learn how to make all of this amazing balloon decor! Compensation is as a sub-contractor and a 1099 form will be provided at the end of the year. Since you will learn ALL of the tricks of the trade & will have access to my database of clients, you will be required to sign a non-compete agreement.
Lunch breaks are paid as is all time traveling. Compensation during the first two weeks considered training & “probation” at $15/hour. Salary increases to $20/hour, with a minimum 20-hour week. Hours will increase substantially from late April through the rest of the year.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, send me an email detailing why you think you are a good fit. Let me know when is the best time to call you and we’ll start with a phone call.
I look forward to hearing from you!