Helium Cylinders Now Available For Rent!
UPDATED REDUCED PRICING!
Rent helium cylinders and inflate your own balloons!
Helium cylinders available for rent from Volunteer Balloons! Many people want to inflate their own balloons but don’t know where to obtain the necessary helium. We’ve decided to make it easy for you!
Take a moment and review Smart Balloon Practices. This is the industry’s leading authority on balloon uses and practices. We need to know if your intent is for a balloon release. There are county and state rules regarding releases and it is our responsibility to fill you in on all the “do’s” and “don’ts”.
Sizes of Cylinders Available
Two sizes of helium cylinders are available depending on your needs. If you’re inflating more than 428 balloons, we can provide you with more than one cylinder. Cylinders come with a regulator and we’ll show you how to operate it.
Small helium cylinder with regulator (110 lbs) – 160 x 11″ balloons (80 cf) $69.99 + deposit*
Large helium cylinder with regulator – (150 lbs) – 482 x 11″ balloons (242 cf) $149.99 + deposit*
For larger volumes, because of the weight of the cylinders & the hardships of transport, we recommend renting 2 or more smaller cylinders.
*Deposit fee of $140 per helium cylinder & regulator is fully refundable if cylinder(s) is returned to us within 5 days. Any unused gas will not be credited – you’re paying for a full cylinder, use it!
Additional notes regarding the use of helium balloons
- $45.00 replacement fee on a regulator returned damaged.
- Ribbon or any other means to tie down balloons not included.
- 11″ helium inflated latex balloons will float indoors 10 to 20 hours and will gradually start to descend. Consequently, they will float less than half this time outdoors.
- Helium inflated foil balloons will last 5 to 7 days while under the right conditions, several months.
- Allow at least 24 hours notice for pick-up or delivery.
- Finally, for security purposes, a copy of your driver’s license will be required.
NOW OFFERING LONG TERM LEASING WITH CYLINDER REFILLS!
Call (865) 567-4086 for more information or to place your order!
Now for some fun helium facts!
Besides making our voices sound funny, what is there to know about helium? Quite a bit, actually!
- The 2nd most abundant element in the universe.
- Available on the open market for the first time in 1928.
- Is so light that Earth’s gravity cannot hold on to it. Consequently, when helium atoms released into the atmosphere rise until they escape into space.
- Exists in the Earth’s atmosphere and it is constantly resupplied from two sources. One, decay of radioactive elements on Earth, and secondly, cosmic ray, about 9% are high energy helium nuclei.
- The helium we buy in cylinders is produced by the natural decay of radioactive elements in the earth’s crust – principally thorium and uranium.
- Current world production of helium is over 30 000 metric tons a year. Helium has been accumulating for many millions of years in a few natural gas fields. Therefore, we can currently extract more each year than uranium and thorium decay create.
- Is not flammable, very safe to use.
- Most noteworthy, helium can be fatal when inhaled as it displaces the oxygen in your lungs. Although it’s fun to speak after inhaling helium, don’t do it!